Leather straps are an indispensable accessory for men, but during use, they often get moldy due to improper storage or when it rains heavily (due to seasonal changes in weather) leading to increased humidity as the surface.
If your favorite leather belt appears moldy, don't worry! In this case we need proper handling to avoid belt loss.
How to handle moldy leather belts in a few simple ways at home as follows:
- Dip a clean cloth in a solution of alcohol mixed with water (in a 1: 1 ratio), and then remove the moldy stains.
- Use a cotton soaked in mouthwash solution, then wipe the moldy area clean (can rub and polish with a soft cloth afterwards).
- Wipe the mold off with soap (containing an antibacterial agent), and let the skin dry itself after cleaning with a clean cloth.
- Clean the surface of the belt with a clean rag soaked with vinegar, fungicide or pine oil.
- Mix 500ml of warm water with 5ml of fungicide, then dip sponge into diluted solution, then wipe surface of leather belt.
Treatment trials from a small area should be started. After a few minutes, if you do not see any signs of discoloration, continue.
Please take a look at some of the categories of men's leather belts we think will have many of your favorite models.